In 1232 A.D. in Chwarszczany (Quartschen) was located seat of Knights Templar that
was commanding the land between Odra River, Warta River and Mysla
River. It was given to the Knights Templar by prince Władysław Odonic.
The seat was located on the top of not high rise. It
was engrid by the River and swamp. It has defence type.
In about 1250 there were buildt first stone building, that was the
Chapel with two defence type towers. This building after some
reconstruction survived untill now. After the Knights Templar
Chwarszczany (Quartschen) was taken by the Knights Hospitallers who owned it from 1312 to