Dolsk is located south from Myślibórz (Soldin)
, 3.5 km east from the main Dębno-Myślibórz road, between the Dolskie and the Postne lakes.
The village was first mentioned in 1337 under the name of Toltzick. It belonged to the von Schönebeck family until the 17th century. In the second half of the 19th century (at which time it belonged to Friedrich Carl Tassilio von Tresckow), Dolsk was one of the largest estates in the area. In 1930, Dolsk was purchased by a settlement association which parceled the estate's land into individual plots.
The palace, located by the southern shore of the Dolskie lake, was built between 1828 and 1845. In 1889, its owner Tassilio von Tresckow conducted a major redevelopment - the terrace, three towers, and decorative roof elements were added. The palace was confiscated by the Third Reich authorities in 1944, following the failed attempt to assassinate Hitler. A cadet school for the children of senior Wehrmacht officers operated in the building before the end of the war. After World War II, the
palace was at first converted to a grain warehouse, but later became disused and was destroyed as a result of a fire in 1967. It is now privately owned.
The church, located in the center of the village, was built in 1740-41. A monument commemorating the soldiers who lost their lives during the First World War can be found next to the church. Its inscriptions are still visible.
The forge, located by the main road, was built in 1781. The building belongs to the Dębno
municipality and has recently been renovated.
Text: Paweł Zieliński, 2012
All informations, particularly about opening times or dates, without liability.