Gudzisz is located 10 km south-west from Dębno
, 0.6 km south from the main road leading from Chwarszczany
, on the left bank of the Myśla River. The number of inhabitants is 277 (data from 2005).
The village was first mentioned in 1262, at which time it was the property of the Knights Templar. Before the battle of Sarbinowo, the Prussian forces were conducting an operation in the vicinity of Gudzisz which aimed to convince the Russians that they planned to attack from that direction. The village did not suffer any damage as a result of the battle.
On 10th of November 1919 the train station Neumühl-Kutzdorf (today Namyślin-Gudzisz) became known in whole Germany because of a great
railway disaster which took place here. On the morning of that day, a freight train crashed into some maneuvering freight wagons at the station.
The particularly high number of casualties for a collision between two freight trains - 45 dead and 18 seriously injured - is explained by the fact that the German government under Gustav Bauer disposed the passenger train service in the period from 5th to 15th
November 1919, so that the coal and potato shipments for the population suffering as a result of the 1st World War would be increased,
but illegal and dangerous passenger travels on freight trains was the consequence of this edict.
The village church constructed in 1845.
The water power plant on the Myśla River, built in 1921-22 and working continuously since then.
Paweł Zieliński, 2012
All informations, particularly about opening times or dates, without liability.