is the most in the west located town in Poland. It lays 25 km north-east from Bad Freienwalde (Germany) and 25 km south-west from Chojna (Königsberg/Nm.)
, about 6 km. from Polish/German border in Osinów Dolny
is town about 1500 inhabitants.
On the west side of Cedynia
you can find flat polders. On the north and east there are wavy fields, on the morain terrain. On the south are located woods and heathlands.
It is one of the oldest settles in region.
was located on the side of Odra River, however in
XVIII century, the river was moved by constructors more to the west
and beetween Cedynia
and river now are located fields - polders, that
are below Odra surface, and are separated from Rivers by the dam.
In 1278 A.D. in Cedynia
was placed closter of Cistercians - womans closter - that came here from neighbourhood of Trzcińsko Zdrój (Bad Schönfließ)
Closter was belonging to Roman Catholic Archdiocese of Kamień.
It was quite rich closter because many of its sisters was belonging to nobilities of Neumark, Uckermark and Pomerania.
From about 1356 town Cedynia
was belonging to closter (was owned by closter). Closter was terminated at 1555 A.D.
never had defensive walls.
In 1930 A.D. was opened railway from Cedynia
to Freienwalde. Now the railway is not existing anymore. Only parts of rail embankment left.
In march 1940 the dams between Odra
was broken and flood take over 55 homes and many manufactures, post offica and railway station.
is known in Polish history as a place where in 24 june of 972
A.D. toke place the battle between Polish Prince Mieszko I and Hodo -
Margrave of the Saxon Ostmark.
In 1945 in Cedynia
also took place very hard battles between Russian
Army supported by Polish artillery and German soldiers, bravely
defenced, before they were moved thru the Odra
is very nice, quiet town. It has quite many service facilities, targeted mostly to tourists from Germany.
you can find many shops and hairdresser salones, and in located near by village Osinów Dolny
are located very big marketplace.