Dargomyśl is located 4 km south-east from Dębno
, close to the place where Sienica (Dar) joins the Myśla River, from which the name village may have been derived. It has a school and a water turbine plant. The number of inhabitants is 587 (2011).
The village was first mentioned in 1262, at which time it belonged to the Knights Templar. In 1433, it was burned by Hussites, in 1758 by the Prussian army which conducted a feint attack before the battle of Sarbinowo, and in 1805 by the French. In 1875 the village was sold by its owner to the German state.
The church built in the 13th century (the tower, which was built in 1748, caught fire in April 1897 and had to be partially demolished - the top brick part of the tower with the wooden turret was added in 1898). The church bell dates back to the late 13th or early 14th century.
The water turbine plant in the southern part of the village (the former mill) - two four-storey buildings constructed in the 1910s.
Text: Paweł Zieliński, 2012
All informations, particularly about opening times or dates, without liability.